The Importance of Air Conditioner Maintenance
Temperatures are reaching ninety degrees and you have spent the day outside with your family. Coming home, you look forward to a relaxing evening in front of the air conditioner, but when you open your door, you are hit by a wall of hot air. Checking your air conditioning system, you find the motor has died. You ask yourself why things like this always seem to happen at the worst possible time. It doesn’t have to happen.
You go for annual checkups to keep your body working and you take your car in for regular maintenance so it doesn’t leave you stranded along a road somewhere. The same principle works for air conditioning. By performing an annual maintenance on your air conditioner, you can catch any possible issues early enough to have them fixed before it is too late.
Allow the skilled technicians at National Heating & Air Conditioning to provide a thorough inspection and cleaning of your Cincinnati home’s AC system. To schedule air conditioner maintenance, call us at (513) 621-4620!
Benefits of Regular Maintenance
You probably don’t have the kind of money to run out and buy a new air conditioning system every year; most of us don’t. Among the benefits of regular maintenance is being able to extend the life of your current system. Consider these additional benefits:
- Reduced stress – Clogged ducts and filters make the air conditioner work harder to try and put out the same amount of air. This adds stress to the motor and cooling units—causing them to break down faster.
- Improved health – A filter can only hold so much material before it eventually stops filtering air. Any air that does get through is contaminated with all the debris that it must go through. This plays havoc with allergies and irritates those with breathing problems.
- Enhanced comfort – Many people, especially the very young and the elderly, can’t handle extremes in temperature. By keeping your air conditioner in tune, you are better able to control the temperature within your home, making it comfortable for all.
What Should Your Tune-Up Include?
Before the warm weather hits, National Heating & Air Conditioning suggests you change your filter. This is normally a matter of sliding the old one out and replacing it with a new one. Other things that need to be done include:
- Check ducts for debris and clean them. If air can’t get through, it can back up into the unit and cause damage.
- Check coolant level. If coolant is leaking, it will not be able to work and can do damage to anything it leaks on.
- Look for broken, chipped or otherwise damaged spots on internal parts. Often these parts will have damage that isn’t readily noticeable. Continuing to run the air conditioner will ultimately result in the unit failing that will eventually need to be replaced.
- Check seals. If seals are loose, they need replaced. Otherwise, cold air will be leaking into the walls and not doing much good inside.
- Check thermostat. Thermostats are touchy and can register incorrect temperatures. This results in the unit putting out too much air or not enough.
Schedule AC Maintenance in the Cincinnati Area
Keep your air conditioner operating as it should with scheduled AC maintenance. A tune-up is the easiest way to ensure your system is ready to keep your family comfortable during the hot summer months. National Heating & Air Conditioning has been providing top quality air conditioning repair service to Cincinnati homeowners for more than 80 years. When it comes to services for your air conditioning system, look no further than National.
Fill out our contact form, and one of our team members will reach out to you shortly!