Troubleshooting Air Conditioner Problems
Air Conditioning Repair Tips in Cincinnati, OH
With so much riding on the efficiency and reliability of your cooling system, it’s imperative that you take action at the first sign of any issue to prevent further damage or a disruption in service.
While most major concerns can be avoided with annual routine maintenance, you may still experience one or more air conditioner repair problems from time to time as system components begin to wear. Here is a list of some common problems and solutions to help you keep your cool this summer.
For fast, reliable air conditioner repair, call the experts at National Heating and Air Conditioning at (513) 621-4620or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
Common Air Conditioner Problems and Solutions
Do you have an AC repair problem? Read on to find out some of the top ways air conditioners stop working and what you can do to help solve the issue!
AC Won’t Turn On
While a loss of power is a concern, there are a number of potential causes and solutions to get your air conditioner back up and running. Reasons your AC may have stopped working include:
- Thermostat – Check the batteries in your thermostat and replace if needed.
- Mode of operation – Check the settings on your thermostat to ensure the unit is set to “Cooling” mode and that the temperature is set at least three degrees lower than the temperature in the room.
- Breaker – Check the circuit breaker and flip it to the “On” position if needed.
Has your air conditioner stopped turning on reliably? Our HVAC company at National Heating and Air Conditioning can assist you with AC repair services!
Lack of Cold Air
If your cooling system is running but there is warm air coming from your vents, it may be caused by a lack of airflow or low refrigerant levels. Check your air filter and change if necessary and inspect the area around the outside unit to make sure it isn’t hampered by foliage or debris. If neither one is the culprit, call for professional diagnosis and repair.
If some rooms in your home are hotter than others, you may have issues with leaky ducts, air leakage, or you may need more insulation.
High Levels of Humidity
An air conditioner that can’t control indoor humidity may be too big for your home. An oversized AC reaches the desired temperature quickly and then shuts off before all the humid air can be dehumidified. A certified technician from National will perform a Manual J load calculation on your home to ensure your AC replacement is sized correctly to maximize performance, efficiency, and humidity control.
Any unusual or loud noises coming from your AC may signal a need for repair, including:
- Clicking – You may hear a clicking noise as the unit powers on and off, but if it continues, you may have a defective control or a malfunctioning thermostat.
- Screeching, screaming, or squealing – High-pitched sounds may signal a refrigerant leak, internal pressure, or a failing motor. Turn the AC off and call for repair immediately.
- Banging, clanging, rattling, or thumping – The motor or blower assembly may be failing.
- Buzzing – Loose parts, an accumulation of debris, refrigerant leak, failing motor, and more can cause this type of noise.
Air Conditioner Repair in Cincinnati, OH
Since 1930, the experienced professionals at National Heating and Air Conditioning have been providing top-quality AC services to homeowners in and around the Cincinnati area including installation, maintenance, and repair.
Do you need AC repair services in Cincinnati, OH? Call (513) 621-4620 or contact us online!