A Guide to HVAC Warranty
What exactly is an HVAC warranty? An HVAC warranty can provide peace of mind that your system is protected against significant damage. This blog post will offer insight into how HVAC warranties work and why you want to have one for your system.
What’s Covered by an HVAC Warranty?
Every HVAC warranty will be different from company to company, and there could be differences from project to project. However, an HVAC warranty could cover a wide range of parts. These parts might include:
- Air conditioner compressors
- Furnace heating elements
- Heat pump motors
- Air ducts
- And more
Labor costs could also be covered when your HVAC system needs repairs or replacements, depending on the warranty. This could be a considerable saving when you need major work performed on your system.
The terms and conditions of an HVAC warranty will spell out exactly what is covered and what is not. Be sure to read the documents closely and ask questions if you don’t understand something.
What To Look for in an HVAC Warranty
Every HVAC warranty is different, and every HVAC customer’s needs are different. Consider what you are comfortable risking when it comes to breakdowns and damage. Typically, an HVAC warranty will cost less when fewer parts and services are covered.
When shopping for an HVAC warranty, look for the following:
- Warranty time frame: Every warranty eventually comes to an end, so be sure to understand when the warranty will no longer be valid.
- Warrantied parts and labor: HVAC warranties should clearly explain which system parts will be covered, which ones will not, and what labor will cost.
- Warranty-voiding actions: Many warranties will be voided in specific circumstances, such as failing to schedule regular maintenance. Be sure to know these details before signing up.
- Warranty exceptions: Some companies will not provide a warranty for a system, but they will warranty their workmanship. If your system fails due to their work, they will cover the cost of repairs.
- Warranty copays: Most warranties require a flat fee for a technician to visit your property. While it may be inconvenient to have to pay for this visit, these warranties tend to cover all costs of repairs or replacements after the initial visit cost.
Understanding your HVAC warranty is crucial if you want to get the most out of it. Be sure to ask questions if you don’t understand something or want specific aspects of your system under warranty.
Trust Your HVAC System to National Heating and Air Conditioning
At National, we’re dedicated to getting your HVAC system running perfectly. Our team of expert technicians can inspect your HVAC system, determine its problems, and provide solutions that fit your needs. We spell out everything in our HVAC warranties so you know what’s covered.
Schedule Your Service Today!
Fill out our contact form, and one of our team members will reach out to you shortly!